Thursday, June 4, 2009

David Carradine

rogues_3.jpg

I wish I could share some stories about my old drinking buddy, David Carradine, but the few I can actually remember aren't fit for public consumption - at least  not this soon after yesterday's tragic event. So I'll just share this shot of us on the set of Armed Response back in 1985 (or 1986). From left to right: That's me, looking dazed and confused in the yellow shirt, director Fred Olen Ray, David, Maxine Shepard (our set decorator), Jesse Long (our script supervisor) and Lee Van Cleef scratching his nose. Fred's trying to explain the script to David and Lee. Despite the fact that I wrote the thing and am less than two feet away, I was not consulted. I guess Fred felt that the bourbon breath I was exhaling disqualified me from partaking in the discussion.


Next time David and I have drinks, I have a feeling they will be Hot Toddys.  Farewell, buddy. While you were here, you sure as hell stomped the terra!

3 comments:

  1. There is no picture, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I see it on my computer. I'll try to figure out what the problem is here. (I'm sure it is operator error on my part.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Carradine will be missed. I posted on him, but Dennis Cozzalio really produced an excellent post re: his contributions. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete