Friday, July 26, 2013

Chapter 3 of:


Odd (but true!) tales from the past! (TM)

Today's story is not just about the (recent) past, but the immediate future. Due to a security leak of Eddie Snowden-like proportions (Scott Bradley, I'm looking at you!) I'm going to reveal a little tidbit about Christmas with the Dead that I wasn't going to discuss until next month.

A few months ago Paul Schrader (yes, THAT Paul Schrader) announced on the FB page of his movie-in-production The Canyons that they were looking for some fresh footage from a new movie (or short film) that could be used on a cell phone in their movie. Many people sent in footage. I cut a quick reel from our flick and sent it in myself. The next morning I received a message from Mr. Schrader saying "This may work!" We went through the process of giving footage to his various collaborators and eventually a scene ended up in the movie. I think. I still haven't seen THE CANYONS, but I'm looking forward to it. And I had to sign a release form a few weeks ago, so I guess it's still in the flick.

Now this probably doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you, but for me it has been a real blast. I've been a fan of Paul Schrader's since 1974 and his first movie, The Yakusa. Then he made a string of films I have also loved, Taxi Driver, Obsession, Rolling Thunder, Blue Collar, Raging Bull, Cat People (written by my buddy Alan Ormsby), Mishima, The Comfort of Strangers... the list goes on and on. So, as a movie fan, having something I worked on chosen to be included in a film by Paul Schrader is kind of a big deal to me. We probably only have a few seconds of screen time in The Canyons, and they may not even be complementary seconds, but wow. Paul Schrader!

Now please buy a DVD (and check out The Canyons when it comes out next week as well):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DWII5KO

No comments:

Post a Comment